Time and Motion

 “Motion is a kind of change, and change takes place in time. Motion can be implied as well as literal, however.” (p. 215) 


After I read this chapter, I opened a file. And it showed a process bar. I thought that it is a kind of time and motion. Then, I draw it down and make a process of uploading. 

"The brain retains images for a split-second longer than the images are actually before us, resulting in the illusion of movement when numerous images appear in rapid succession. This phenomenon is called 'persistence of vision.'" (p.233) Like each of these pictures, for example, the process from 10% to 20%, we only can draw the 10% and 20%, but between 10% and 20%, we cannot draw each accurate frame. So, this is what I confused before. But after seeing this chapter, I knew why animation can be coherent together. 



Implied motion is common in the real picture such as the jumping process. This is a popular way to take picture when we go travel or go to a beautiful place. But in this picture above, the imply is the number of the process. In the second heart's picture, we also can see a tendency that it will become bigger and cover the "upload".




Link: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xiyue-zhang



评论

  1. I really love hand drawn animations like this, when you can see them all placed out and you have to visualize the actual animation! It's just really fun for me.

    回复删除
  2. I think it is the same idea with comic book. It is very interesting to see these pictures become active!

    回复删除
  3. I love the way you made your own physical animation. I think it'd be cool to try and combine the images into a video to see it move but it's still awesome to see!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Framing

Pixel and Grid

Figure/Ground