Figure/Ground

“Building on memory and experience, the brain fills in gaps and filters out extraneous data.” (99)



What I'm interested in this chapter is the figure inside of figure. When I saw the figure inside of figure first, I'm really surprising about that. I thought that was amazing. 



In this picture, the question is "what did you see at first sight in this picture? A dancing woman with dress, two people are kissing, or nothing." Right, it is the test for psychology. I always love to do such tests. Actually, the reason why I like this kind of picture is that it is not only just a picture, but also it is a tool that can help psychologists to get more information from others. For example, just talk about this picture, answering the question I said in the first sentence. And here is the result. If you choose two people are kissing, the result is that you are a persistent person and your six sense is not bad. If you choose a dancing woman with dress, the result is that you are a person with extremely fast reaction ability and super logic. If you choose nothing, the result shows that you need to be quiet to think about things. That's the beautiful point for this kind of picture. 


This picture is the same way to see. what did you see at first sight in this picture? Me is a face for a girl. But others would be a boy and his grandma sit on the ground. See, how amazing it is. 






评论

  1. Great job understanding the text. I like how you relate this to psychology as we do in fact learn
    And discuss about gestalt principle. I do love the images you included. It took me a while to see the two people on the first image and still struggling to see the grandma. However, I would’ve love to see you to either draw or relate It in your personal experience or things. Otherwise, great job!

    回复删除
  2. I love your tricky photos. Those photos really play with positive and negative space.

    回复删除
  3. I love the first image you chose to share! I immediately saw the woman in between the kissing figures. I really think perception and the way our brains fill in missing information is really fascinating! Great job!!

    回复删除
  4. Wow, I love your connection between psychology and negative space. I saw two people kissing first, i had to really focus to notice the woman dancing! The second image I saw a face of a girl through an arch! Great job on applying these to the readings. This was a fun blog post.

    回复删除
  5. I can clearly see the connection you made between this type of personality test and Gestalt principles. I also really enjoy this kind of test because it helps me further understand my personality. Personally, I think this type of personality test has 80%-90% accuracy depending on different sources.

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Framing

Pixel and Grid