Color

"Words like ‘gloomy’, ‘drab’, and ‘glittering’ each bring to mind a general climate of colors, a palette of relationships.” (p. 81)


  "Color" is a word that always attract me. I love to study the part of color matching. In my mind, color matching makes the world beautiful and vivid. This is the most important part in our daily life. All the things we use have a variety of different colors or color combinations. 

  "The muted neutral hues allow the forms to gently commingle, while contrasting hues and values break the elements apart." (81) For me, I like to combine the analogous colors. Like this picture.


  You can see this picture have lots of pair of paper. Each pair of paper's color are similar. Using the orange one on the right as an example. There are yellow, orange, white, brown. And it makes that picture more integrated.


  And in this picture we can see the main color is bean paste Red with some analogous color: white, pink, and few black. 

  This color combination is one of my favorite. I really like combining pink and blue. It gives me a dreamy feeling. Although blue is a cool color and pink is a warm color. It combines very good in this picture. It doesn't look sweet and greasy. But if the whole picture are pink, it looks sweeter and that is not what I like. 


  In this picture we also can learn some about color combination. I really like each of this room's color. Different color system gives different visual effect. The left and right rooms give me a feeling of happiness. And the middle two rooms give me a feeling of minimalism. I believe that in these rooms, you can find the reason why I like same color system. 


  "Neutral earth tones combine to make a quiet overall patter while a palette with strong contrasts of value and hue yields a more linear effect." (80) Like all the pictures above. Some similar color make a quiet, simple, and comfortable environment. And the strong contrasts between colors yields stronger visual impact.



评论

  1. I really like how you brought together color and color matching and the feelings that they elicit. It is very interesting to this of how colors can pull feelings together.

    回复删除
  2. These colors are so beautiful. There's just something so soothing about them...

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Framing

Figure/Ground

Pixel and Grid