Interesting Chinese Characters

Here is my last name written by Chinese.


I wrote three forms. There are print, handwriting, and three-dimensional. It seems like three-dimensional form looks beautiful. When you see this character from a distance, it looks like a standing word. Maybe this character looks not very clear. Here is a name that looks better.



The left one is written by black pen and the right one is the print name. This name is one of my idols from a group, TFBOYS. You can see that these characters looks very clear. It just seems like some white three-dimensional characters. But actually it written by black pen and he just drew the shadow.


From these words, we can know that the three-dimensional words can be written in lots of different ways. Just like this, we can only draw the shadow to make the picture stereoscopic. 


PS: I think Chinese characters are pretty~😆

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xiyue-zhang

评论

  1. I agree that chinese characters are really pretty but as a chinese learner, I find it very difficult to memmorize the characters. It's so cool that you guys got to learn alphabet and characters so early!

    回复删除
  2. I love how we both use our culture writting to relate on what Ellen Lupton topic. I have always been fascinated on chinese characters but never had the courage to learn. However, I do love that you are extremely proud of it as you should.

    回复删除
  3. I love how you connected Chinese characters to the reading! I took Chinese for my language class in high school and I loved learning the characters even though it was really challenging. The shadow effect of the letters is something I've always seen, but never actually noticed the writing was done as a shadow! Can't believe I never noticed that detail! The shadowing is so convincing.

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Framing

Figure/Ground

Pixel and Grid